Learn more about Target Compiler
If you seek the opportunity to work with leading semiconductor companies and electronic systems houses in creating the next generation of programmable SoCs, then this position is for you. ‘IP Designer’ is used by our customers to design, optimize, model, verify and program application specific processors (ASIPs). ASIPs are the building blocks for new multicore architectures for such applications as diverse as HD video, multi-standard wireless communication, portable media devices, mobile and/or personal medical devices (e.g. hearing instruments), and supercomputing.
This is a ground-floor opportunity. The successful applicant will play a significant role in helping shape the future of Target Compiler Technologies in North America.
- Working hand in hand with our sales team in pre-sales situations, building customer relationships and confidence.
- Driving customer evaluations—including modeling and benchmarking of new processor architectures.
- Resolving customer technical questions and issues (working hand-in-hand with our development team).
- Building the software (or, in some cases, both hardware and software) to use as examples and demonstrations that can be used by customers as part of their learning process.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the majority of the following technical areas:
- SoC Design—especially processor architecture—including an appreciation for the various tradeoffs that drive performance, power and cost.
- Assembly language programming.
- C programming—especially including an appreciation for the highly optimized code (fast, small image size) demanded by embedded applications.
- RTL design and synthesis—ådriven from Verilog or VHDL.
- ESL design methods (e.g., SystemC, modeling, behavioral synthesis).
- DSP algorithms for embedded applications (e.g., wireless, video, audio).
To be successful in this position, you must have:
- Excellent customer-presence. The ability to build relationships easily and quickly.
- Strong and broad technical credibility (in the above areas).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a leaning toward teaching. That is, the ability to teach and mentor customers to become more self-sufficient over time.
- A passion for advancing the state of the art in SoC design.
How to appy?
Applications by e-mail are preferred.
Please submit your detailed CV with a cover letter to:
Target Compiler Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Steve Cox
1004 Grant Place
Boulder, CO 80302
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: +1-303-459 4337
- BS EE or CS.
- 5 years or more of experience working either as an applications engineer for an EDA company or as part of an SoC design team at a company that uses EDA tools.
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Resides in, or is planning to relocate to, Colorado (Boulder/Longmont/Denver).